I have one more week left working in Fairbanks before I can rejoin my husband in Healy. I almost had an unexpected break on Friday (yesterday). This is not the "good" kind of break, this is a bone break. I was changing the serpentine belt on a 1992 Ford Econoline van. I held the tensioner pulley back with a wrench with my left hand. It was a strain, but I felt I could hold it back long enough to do some last minute placement of the belt with my right hand when the wrench slipped, still attached to the tensioner pulley, and slammed against my right wrist. I yelled the F word so loud that every mechanic in the shop stopped what they were doing to see what happened. I could feel eyes on me but my eyes were fixed on my hand that was pinned under the wrench. I still had to free my hand! After a struggle, I managed to free my hand and promptly grabbed my wrist. I heard someone in the background asking me if I was okay and I mumbled out a "yeah" as tears started to flow. I crouched next to my toolbox and cried harder. It hurt so much!
Forms had to be filled out and I was sent to the urgent care clinic. Why do they insist on having you fill out a bunch of forms when you can hardly write??? Once the x-rays came in, they found that not only do I have really strong bones, but I do NOT have a broken wrist. I was issued a brace, set up a return appointment, and should bruise nicely. Oh, I was also put on "light duty" for work, which means I really can't do anything... so work this week should be interesting to say the least.
I have to go yank on Cody's legs now (his back is hurting).
Atlantis
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment