Monday, October 13, 2008

Full Circle

Here in the winter wonderland that is Healy, motorists routinely play one car bumper cars when their tires connect with ice. This is even more true when the driver is speeding. My former boss is German and seems to think that not only are we in Nazi Germany, but also that Parks Highway is the Autobahn. Yes, the inevitable happened, the Clausmeister made a date with the ditch. I have to say that it would have been a spectacular display, had I been able to view it. Apparently, he spun a 360, rolled once, landed on his tires and then rolled forward to the bottom of the ditch... about 30 feet below road level.


Before I seem too evil, I have to say that Karma has finaly come around full circle. I have spent six months feeling like I have been treated like crap. A boss who becomes angry with me anytime I don't do an assignment exactly to his specifications. I'm not refering to when I (once) completed a job sub par, I'm refering to all assignments which include trying to go above and beyond the call of duty. There were no positive comments, only negative ones. Basically, a season's worth of abuse has been rectified.


Not only did he total a company vehicle, but the responding officer assured me that the bossman would also be ticketed. There is no sympathy with the police here. I am sure I'll curse it if I'm on the recieving end, but it is sweet, sweet satisfaction right now. Danka, officer!

No comments: