Saturday, February 5, 2011

12 Weeks to Go

I am really awful about this whole blogging thing. It isn't from lack of spare time either. I seem to have far too much free time lately.

Cody and I went on our cruise and it just wasn't long enough. While we were on the cruise, I "blossomed" and looked fairly pregnant by the end. I spread the word when I got back and that was about 3 months ago.

Since then, we have found out that we are having a little boy. However we found that out about 2 months ago and I'm getting the doctor to double check with another ultrasound at my next appointment, which is a few days before my baby shower. I know my son showed off all of his manhood to us last time, but it seems long ago and double checking will alleviate my nerves. I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of boy clothing if I'm not actually having a boy!

At my last checkup, my doctor told me that pregnancy looked really good on me and that my vitals and weight are all great. I actually quite like being pregnant, except for the whole vomiting first trimester part.

I am running out of clothing to wear. I really need to get a new pair of maternity jeans and a few more shirts. The maternity shirts I have are getting short. I'm sure this is a problem many tall pregnant women have!

My doctor also asked me if I had any questions. I am sure that first time moms have a million questions but I'm not one of those. Most of it seems pretty common sense to me. One question I do have for my doctor the next time I go in is if I can have sushi. I have been told that I can't have it because the fish might be carrying parasites and the parasites can then transfer to my unborn child. Yikes! No thanks! But I did just get a gift certificate to Happy Sumo for my birthday... what to do, what to do. Yes, I'll go and use it. I just won't get any real sushi. :( Oh, yes, my birthday was this week. It was awesome.

I suppose that's about it. I'm getting really excited for my baby shower. I'm hoping for a good turn out. Of course, this does mean that I need to get cleaning. :/ I haven't hit that part of my "nesting" just yet.

1 comment:

Sam said...

So excited for you guys!