Friday, June 4, 2010

My Bank Account ?

I headed into my local credit union today to discover that I cannot change my mailing address for my statements without a current drivers license with the address I want to change my statement address to. What? So if I move 2x year (which I do thanks to seasonal work) I am supposed to get a new drivers license with a permanent address each time I move. Yikes. I move around too much for that kind of crap. I know I am supposed to get a new drivers license in a state that I'm residing in for more than 30 days, but if that was what I actually did, I would have three different drivers licenses in 2010 alone. This is a new federal law. Thanks for nothing, Obama!

Since Obamacare unfortunately has passed, the federal government can now reach into your bank accounts in real time and take out money as they please. *spine shivering* I work my butt off for the money I have and will do what I can to keep the governments hands out of my purse.

My solution to all of this? I'm going to cancel the account and take the money that was in it to buy a safe for my husband and I to put our money and other important documents in.

If you know me at all, you know that I do not get "political" so if you disagree, you can just suck it. I'm not interested in your tainted views.

1 comment:

Amie said...

I know!!! No kidding, right? Good idea.