Thursday, July 16, 2009

4 Halibut and 6 Cohos

The trip planned for our "early anniversary" was a success! We caught our limits. We chartered a fishing trip through The Fish House in Seward, AK. It was a little pricey, but I figured, hey, when are we going to get to do this again?!? Cody caught the first halibut then caught a second one which he threw back, hoping to catch a larger one. I still hadn't caught anything. Cody caught and kept his 3rd halibut and the "helped" me catch another to reach my limit. That kind of sucked because we both got one on the line at the same time and I wanted to catch all of my own fish. I was also glad we met our limits. I got my "revenge" when we started fishing for silvers (Cohos). I caught 5 of our 6. Time was getting short and we wanted to make sure we caught all of our silvers. I liked catching silvers a lot more than the halibut. The halibut was just heavy with no fight. The Salmons were lighter and put up a fight at the end that would give anyone an adrenaline rush!

There were a lot of things about our trip that didn't go to plan and I was upset about, like how we always feel rushed when we have some time off and I didn't want it to be rushed at all. * sigh * There was no time for shopping in Anchorage which was irritating because I want a new shirt or skirt to wear to church! I've been wearing the same thing to church since the beginning of March!

No comments: