Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Keeping up with all of your blogs

As I started catching up on blogs today, I realized that I haven't blogged about our cruise.


*deep breath*


Our cruise was spectacular! There were only 2 ports that I didn't enjoy myself in, out of the many we visited.

Cody was fried at our first stop in Curacao. We spent four hours at the beach. I asked Cody if he wanted any sunblock and his simple reply was, "I never burn." Famous last words. That night Cody looked like a freshly boiled lobster. We were both in a lot of pain as I was sunburned too, just not as severely as Cody. This sunburn also resulted in 2nd degree burns on his nose. I should note that Cody is still irritated that I never got a picture of his back. :P



We occupied ourselves on the boat with out favorite game, Trivia. Cody is an endless source of trivial information and for once it came in handy. :) We made some great friends on the boat which we hope to keep contact with. There are also a couple from Vancouver that I didn't get a chance to trade info with that I'd LOVE to keep in contact with, Dave and Janelle. Too bad I never caught their last name!

Well, this is just horrible, but I think I'll let Cody post about the cruise in more detail. He's better at the details.

One thing I realized during this vacation was, I need to get back into shape. Too many people thought I was pregnant!!!

(Okay this is Cody blogging now) The Caribbean was amazing, I loved swiming and snorkeling with the colorful fish and the islands were beautiful. The food on the ship was incredible and endless. We were truly pampered for 14 days.

6 comments:

The Robisons said...

Hey! Yeah, more about the cruise, please!! I guess I shoulda rephrased that...we do have a yard...1/2 acre of a yard and tons of empty lots around us...the back yard is just not finished. We are planning on putting sod down this summer. Yeah, no, I wouldn't have subjected a dog to torment like that if I didn't have a place to send him to play..same with kids..hahha. And I'm sure you don't look pregnant, Denise.

DillChips said...

Hi it is nice to hear tales of Cody being married now. One of the only times I met him he was whipping up something in Nathan's aunt Lalu's house that I was suppose to try but I did not know he was a Chef so I politely said no thank you.....man I must have missed out.
Sunburns suck!!! I got one last summer if you look back on my blog I peeled like a Lizard getting new skin or something. Any who glad you enjoyed your cruise. Nathan and I will have to meet you and beg Cody to give me another chance at tasting something nummy some day.

Cheryl said...

Well, I don't know about Cody being better at the details there!!! :) What a fun vacation, though!

Richelle said...

I'm so glad to hear you had such a good time. I love the Caribbean! I can't wait to go back some time.
People tell me I look pregnant all the time, (which is ok, because I am pregnant) but I love to make them feel totally awkward and say that I'm really not. I'm mean.
I would like to see more pictures of the cruise, and your tomato, I mean husband. Glad your home safely!

Mechanical Mom said...

Richelle, yes you are evil. I love it! hahahaha!

Mechanical Mom said...

"man I must have missed out."

maybe. I generally like everything he cooks. :) Are you and Nathan still in DC? We are in Kentucky right now.