Friday, October 9, 2009

Return to Civilization and a lot of irritation.

We are back in Utah. Living the joys that one has when living with in-laws. Aside from having a lot of stress, I have become very annoyed at the fact several people have started calling me by my first name vs Spanky, which is what I prefer to go by. (yep, this is turning into one big tangent.) Some one once told me that they were taught it was proper to only call someone by their first name. Well, I know tons of people who don't go by their first name. In fact, I also know several people who solely go by their nickname. Roo is... well... older than me and she NEVER goes by her first name.

I think you should call people what they call themselves. I don't call someone John if they introduce themselves as Johnathon. And I don't call someone Jonathon if they introduce themselves as John! AHHHHHH! It just pisses me off!

Seeing as I'm just about to snap as it is, I'd prefer that anyone who has met me since I graduated high school just call me Spanky and be done with it. You're only irritating me and making me not want to come over. The only example you are setting to anyone is that you annoy the hell out of me.

Cody gets mad when I blog my frustrations (because it might offend someone :P ), but this one is one that can be fixed. I haven't blogged in so long that I don't even remember who reads this! So if you are doing this STOP! And if you don't plan on stopping then just stop talking to me because its infuriating.


Anyway... I'm back in Utah for my friends ( *cough* richelle and jake *cough* )who want to get together. Trust me, I want out of this house! It'd be nice to be somewhere I actually feel welcome and comfortable.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Ha, Richelle and Jake here. We TOTALLY want to hang out. You are welcome at our house. I am a stay at home mommy, so come over whenever you want. I'm excited to show you our new house, and to hear all about your summer. COME OVER!!! YAY. I'll just text you... done. You have been texted!

Francie S. said...

I'm glad you put that "since high school" thing in there because I have known you longer than that and, I'm sorry, but you'll always be Denise to me. :)